Train is always the best means of transportation to reach the Cinque Terre. The railway station in MANAROLA, on the national railway line Rome-Genoa, is located at the bottom of the town, just 5 minute walk from Alla Porta Rossa.
Only local and regional trains make stops about every hour from 5 am to 11:45 pm
We invite you to visit the official website of the Ferrovie dello Stato www.trenitalia.com to find out updated information about rates, schedules, connections and how to purchase tickets online.
On the website www.bahn.de an international train timetable is on
IMPORTANT: validate your ticket at the departure station before getting on the train by using the provided green-grey machines. In case the ticket machines were out of service, please prompty inform the conductor in order to avoid fines!
SOME PRACTICAL ADVICE
- pay attention to the vocal announcements
- since the five towns are just a few minute away from each other, get ready on time to the exit
- validate your ticket at the departure station
- beware of pickpocketers during busy periods
- Once in MANAROLA, go out from the train station through a tunnel
- Outside this tunnel, keep your right, walk up about 20 meters and on your right, just after two local shops, there is the beginning of a narrow street, VIA BELVEDERE
- walk up along VIA BELVEDERE and go ahead to the offioce Alla Porta Rossa, which is on your left before a very short tunnel
- The accommodation reserved is only a few steps from there!