Due to the limited number of parking spaces, train is the best means of transportation to reach the Cinque Terre. The railway station in MANAROLA, on the national railway line Rome-La Spezia-Genoa, is located at the bottom of the town, just 10 minute walk from Alla Porta Rossa.
Only local and regional trains (no IC/EC trains) make stops about every hour from about 5 am to 11:45 pm.
A regional train service is available from La Spezia station with the addition of the Cinque Terre Express which allows you to visit all five villages. The service has a frequency of about 4 trains per hour. In the La Spezia-Cinque Terre-Levanto section the cost of the single journey is 4 euros. With the purchase of the Cinque Terre card, with different validity (1 or more days) and with different types (standard CT card, CT train card), you will enjoy unlimited travels on the mentioned route and the access to the open parts of the blue path as well; you can buy it at the train station, the tourist reception centers, online. The cost of the Cinque Terre card is variable.
We invite you to visit the official website of the Ferrovie dello Stato www.trenitalia.com to find out updated information about rates, schedules, connections and how to purchase tickets online.
On the website www.bahn.de an international train timetable is on.
- the ticket can be purchased at the train station, at authorized centers or through vending machines
- please do not forget to validate the ticket at the departure before getting on the train by using the green-gray machines located inside the train station. In case these machines are out of order, promptly notify the train staff not to incur high penalities
SOME PRACTICAL ADVICE
- pay attention to the vocal announcements
- since the five towns are just a few minute away from each other, get ready on time to the exit
- validate your ticket at the departure station
- beware of pickpockets!
WALKING INSTRUCTIONS TO THE OFFICE “ALLA PORTA ROSSA”
- Once in MANAROLA, go out from the train station walking through the tunnel
- Outside this tunnel, keep your right, walk up about 20 meters and on your right, just after two local shops, there is the beginning of a narrow street, VIA BELVEDERE
- walk up along VIA BELVEDERE and go ahead to the office Alla Porta Rossa, which is on your left before a very short tunnel
- The accommodation you reserved is only a few steps from there!